Here’s what you need to know about the new skatepark.
Shared Use. The skate park is for the use of skateboards, BMX and freestyle bicycles, scooters and inline skates. These activities are unsupervised.
Protection. The use of protective equipment including helmets and pads on the wrist, elbow and knees is strongly recommended.
Skate park etiquette to ensure a good experience DO NOT do the following:
- Snaking. This is when you drop in before another rider who was waiting before you. Take your turn and wait your turn.
- Monster runs. Do a few tricks and then wait your turn at the top of another ramp allowing people to do their runs. Give others a chance to ride.
- Ride to your ability. Part of learning new tricks involves challenging yourself in small increments. Do not attempt a trick that is too far beyond your ability.
- Dropping in. Don’t hang your gear over the edge while waiting your turn.
Please DO the following:
- Share the Space. Don’t be afraid to ask someone, politely to move off the ramp if you want to use it.
- Respect. Treat each other with plenty of respect at all times.
- Awareness. Be alert and move off of the skatepark surface when you need a rest.
If you spot damage or concern, please call 403-823-2512 immediately.