As your partners in business, we are committed to an environmentally sustainable community.
It is undeniable that our Town’s current level of economic growth has brought more success to our community.
Nevertheless, we encourage our businesses to pursue commercial operations suitable for our environmental needs.
As a responsible business owner, knowing about our commercial waste collection service is the first step.
It is our hope that this effective mechanism strengthens our relationship for an even better future for our valley.
The following guidelines must be adhered to in terms of commercial waste collection in Town:
- For businesses utilizing the Town's cart system, we collect your waste at the designated days and destinations outlined in this map;
- During these times, your waste should be ready for pick-up by 7 am;
- Waste bags used must be made of materials capable of bearing the weight of its contents without tearing or breaking when lifted;
- They must also be securely tied and fastened in such a way that the contents are fully enclosed in the bag before placement inside the waste receptacle;
- Waste carts must not be filled to a height greater than 5 cm from the top and shall be cleaned out to avoid the build-up of odors;
- For an efficient service, we wish to remind you to refrain from placing waste receptacles at unsafe, obstructed, or poorly maintained locations;
- Waste collectors must be able to have access to the cart without entering onto private property.
- To encourage recycling, the municipality has a 5-bag limit on commercial waste collection, and;
- Commercial Accounts generating over 5 bags of waste per week are required to have a Huxted container service.
The Landfill accepts the following commercially generated wastes:
- Used oil, oil jugs, and filters;
- Latex and oil-based paint, and;
- Fluorescent bulbs.
Dropping-off hard to handle waste at the landfill has never been easier.
For more information about our Commercial Waste Collection Program, please consult our by-laws or call the Drumheller & District Regional Landfill at (403) 823-1345.
You may also connect with Huxted Waste Disposal toll free at 1-866-934-5605.