Interested in filming a movie in Drumheller? Click here to download information about filming in Drumheller, location information, accommodation and much more.
Drumheller provides a versatile film location. The valley and surrounding areas have substituted for such countries as Afghanistan, Mexico, Israel, and futuristic worlds. Our natural, unique landscape provides film makers the ability to get key shots safely without the hassle and expense of going overseas.
Drumheller is home to:
- The internationally respected and renowned Royal Tyrrell Museum of Paleontology
- 1920’s boomtown architecture
- Atlas Coal Mine National Historic Site
- Canadian Badlands Passion Play
- Rosebud Theatre of the Arts (30 minutes from Drumheller)
- Dinosaur fossils
What we offer:
- Unique Hoo Doo formations
- Flat prairie scenes
- Desert scenes within the valley
- Meandering Red Deer River
- Ancient, yet scenic, coulees
- Horseshoe and Horse Thief Canyons
Finding us is easy!
- One hour from the Calgary International Airport
- 90 minutes from the City of Calgary
- Situated in the Red Deer River valley on Highway 9, one of Alberta’s busiest roadways.
- Drumheller operates a modern airport with asphalt runway. It sits at an elevation of 2, 599 feet with a 3, 505 foot runway.
- Home to several high quality hotels such as Quality Inn, Ramada, Super 8, Travelodge, Jurassic Inn and many others.
We’ve got studios, local actors, and production assistants!
- Dinosaur Valley Studios: (403) 822-3782 or email email@example.com
- Starland Studios: (403) 334-2530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Canadian Badlands Passion Play: 1-888-823-2001 or visit thier website.
- Rosebud Theatre/School of Arts: 1-800-267-7553 or click here to learn more!
- 90 minutes away from a brand new Calgary studio stage