The Mayor is the Chief Elected Official of the municipality.
In addition to the powers and duties inherent in being a member of Council, the Mayor:
- ensures peace, order and good government of the municipality is carried out;
- communicates information to Council;
- appoints members of Council to Committees;
- acts as Chariman at Council meetings; and
- acts as the principal representative of Council.
The Town of Drumheller offers a Mayor-signed certificate for milestone wedding anniversaries and birthdays.
To learn more about the Mayor, this section covers the following areas:
Please contact Linda Handy at 403-823-1339 to book an appointment with the Mayor or have certificates produced.