As an organization committed to efficient services, we would like to make it easy for you to pay your property taxes.
Being informed of the number of options available to pay your property taxes can save you a lot of time and energy and alleviate the hassle of having to go to a bank.
The following points are what you have to consider in paying for property taxes:
- If you pre-pay your property taxes in January and/or February you will receive an incentive of 1.25% of any payment made in January or 1.0% of any payment made in February.
- Post-dated cheques for the due date are accepted at Town Hall. Ensuring taxes taken care of and avoid penalties if there is a possibility you might be out of Town.
- You may pay by cash, cheque, debit card, or online any time during the year. Be advised that most debit cards have a default $1,000 daily limit attached to their card. Online payments must reflect the correct roll number, which can be found at the top of your property assessment and tax notice. PLEASE REMEMBER if you are making ONLINE PAYMENTS these can take up to 4 business days to be received. The funds must be received by the Town of Drumheller by the deadline.
- If paying by cheque, include the bottom portion of your property assessment and tax notice to ensure payments are applied to the correct account. The Town will not accept payment by credit card.
- A large percentage of Rate Payers enroll in our Preauthorized Payment Plan. This will deduct from your bank account approximately 1/12th of your tax bill on the last day of each month, and this amount will automatically be updated when the next property tax bill has been calculated to provide a zero balance on December 31st.
Please be advised that your tax balance must be zero as at December 31st of each year.
If this balance is greater than $50 over your normal monthly amount the Town will advise you in writing.
Please note that a $25 administration fee is applicable for any and all transfer payments and/or for credit balances to other properties.REMEMBER to include the correct roll number(s) with your payment to avoid incorrect payment applications.
Items that would affect the balance include any land related charges which are directly added to your property taxes. These include snow or weed removal, cleanup orders, legal actions, and unpaid utility bills.
Since the preauthorized program allows you to pay your taxes over the entire calendar year, the pre-payment incentive for January and February is not provided, but the September and November penalties are not levied.
For any questions, please feel free to contact us at (403) 823-1314.