Our commitment to your safety translates to the consistent and reliable implemetation of policies.
One such means are our plumbing permits. This document ensures that your plumbing-related projects comply with standard regulation.
Doing so means accomplishing your project in the right way for your piece of mind; protecting you and your loved ones from untoward incidents arising from unregulated development.
How do I Apply for a Plumbing Permit?
In addition, you can download the application form through this link.
Upon downloading, completing and signing the form, you may submit your application in the following ways:
- Email the completed form with the necessary attachments to SafetyCodes@dinosaurvalley.com;
- Fax in the permit form and necessary attachments to (403) 823-7739, or;
- Visit us at Town Hall between 8:00am - 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
For more information, please call us at (403) 823-1310. We are dedicated to assisting you understand this important requirement.
When is a Plumbing Permit Required?
A permit in the plumbing discipline is required to install, alter, or add to a plumbing system.
When is a Plumbing Permit NOT Required?
A permit is not required for the following:
- To install a water service that connects a buliding to a municipal or private water supply;
- To install a building sewer or storm sewer outside of a building;
- To change a fixture, water heater, faucet, trap, or valve if a design change to the piping system is not required ;
- To install plumbing fixtures in a single family residential dwelling if roughed-in piping has been completed under another permit, and;
- To install residential water treatment devices in a single family residential dwelling.
Who May Obtain a Plumbing Permit?
A plumbing permit may be issued to the following:
- A plumber;
- An owner who resides in a single family residential dwelling if the plumbing system serves the dwelling;
- An owner of a farm building if the plumbing system serves the farm building;
Permits issued may be limited to the type and scope of the undertaking for the purpose of achieve the level of safety intended by the Safety Codes Act and the regulations.