TITLE: Aquaplex Cashier/Waterslide Attendant
REPORTS TO: Aquaplex Supervisor, Shift Supervisors
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
- Responsible for providing assistance the public at the front counter;
- Respond to inquiries and answer the telephone at the Aquaplex, and;
- Responsible for cashiering services. Responsible for supervision to the public in the waterslide area and performs maintenance and janitorial duties throughout the Aquaplex.
- Provides cashier services for the Aquaplex.
- Responsible for taking cash and issuing receipts for daily Aquaplex admission, swimming lessons, as well as season passes.
- Ensures good public relations on behalf of the Town.
- Greets the public and provides assistance when requested.
- Responds to in person and telephone inquiries and provides the necessary advice.
- Ensures participants and general public follow the facility’s safety rules.
- Provide direction to the public regarding safe use of the facility.
- Performs maintenance functions as described in the daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Familiar with and adheres to the Town of Drumheller’s safety policy and relevant Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Performs other related duties as required by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Fifteen years of age or enrolled in a minimum of Grade 9.
- Preference given to those entering or enrolled in a post secondary institution recognized by the Federal Summer Employment Grant Program or Provincial Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP)
Must meet the following:
- Performs all duties with a minimum of supervision and works effectively with variable work loads and produces timely and accurate documentation.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Must Submit to a Criminal Records Check.
- Valid Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross certifications.
- Standard First Aid award or Assistant Water Safety Instructor award an asset.
- Payroll Category – Hourly
- Employment Category – Casual Full Time or Part-Time
- Union Category – In Scope – CUPE Local 4604 (Inside)
- Occupation Category – General
- Pay Grid Category – Pool Cashier
- Description Last Reviewed – June 22, 2004
- Approved by C.A.O. – November 15, 2005