We are committed to the protection of our employees, contractors, visitors, patrons, volunteers, and physical assets from accidental loss, damage, or injury.
Through the town’s progressive health and safety policy, both potential and current partners have access to a working environment that promotes their personal well-being.
In fulfilling this commitment to protect both people and property, our management aims to provide and maintain a safe and healthy work environment in compliance with legislative requirements.
Our organization also strives to eliminate any foreseeable hazards which may result in property damage, accidents, personal injury or illness.
As such, our Health and Safety Policy have the following thrusts:
- Employees and contractors will be responsible for minimizing accidents within our facilities and on municipal property.
- Employees, contractors and visitors will follow safe work practices and procedures;
- Safety is the direct responsibility of all managers, supervisors, employees and contractors;
- All work will comply with federal, provincial and municipal safety requirements;
- Employees and contractors will be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, and;
- This policy does not take precedence over the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
The Town of Drumheller currently holds a Certificate of Recognition (COR). This is awarded to employers who develop health and safety programs that meet established standards.
Certificates are issued by Alberta Jobs, Skills, Training and Labor and are co-signed by Certifying Partners.
Achieving and maintaining a valid COR is required for earning a financial incentive through the WCB Partnerships in Injury Reduction program.
Effective health and safety management systems have been shown to have an impact on reducing injuries.
Eliminating the social and financial effects of injuries can strengthen the business success of participating employers.
For these reasons, we are proud to say that we have been doing our best to provide service without sacrificing this important part of our operations.